Items that are currently checked out by other patrons may be reserved by placing a hold on the item. The library will contact you when it is available for you to check out. Items will be held for 10 days. Holds may be placed in person at any library branch, by calling (309) 367-4594, or online.
How to place a hold online:
- Log in to the RSACat catalog using your library barcode and PIN (password). After you log in, your name will replace the login boxes. (You can place holds without logging in but you will be asked to supply login information for each item.)
- Search the catalog. The Search Results page opens, displaying a list of items that fit your search parameters.
- Once you have narrowed your search and found an item on the Search Results page you wish to place on hold, hover over the Show Details button pertaining to your chosen item (this button is located on the right hand side of the page) until the button turns blue.
- Click on the blue Show Details button. The Item Details window opens.
- On the Item Details screen, click on the Place Hold link. If you have not already logged in with your card number and password, you will be required to do so before you can proceed.
- On the Place Hold screen, you can change your Pickup Library.
- Click on the Place Hold button to complete your hold. A message will be displayed to tell you whether or not your hold was successfully placed. Not all items are eligible for holds.
NOTE: If you wish to cancel your hold, edit your pickup location, suspend your hold, or cancel your hold suspension, you may do so in the View Account section of the system.
NOTE: You may still place a hold on an item that is not a part of the IPDPL collection. To receive materials from other libraries, place a hold in the same way you would for items owned by Illinois Prairie District Public Library. The IPDPL staff will contact you when the item is available.
In addition, the library can request items from libraries outside the RSACat catalog through Interlibrary Loan. For more information about Interlibrary Loan, click here.
If you have forgotten your password or don’t have one, contact the library by calling (309) 367-4594 or clicking here.