Would you like to be kept up to date about overdues, informed about newly available or reserve titles, or even be able to renew items via text messaging? If so, you can sign up by clicking here!
This service is provided by Shoutbomb through RSAcat. Please note that while the IPDPL does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
– Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines that are added to your account.
– Send a text to renew an item. If the item is eligible for renewal, your text message will renew it. If the item is not eligible for renewal, your text will not renew it. Either result will be reported by text message.
– Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 9am.
If you have questions about Shoutbomb, or if you have trouble signing up, please contact the IPDPL at (309) 367-4594.
What You Need
– A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
– The barcode number from your Library card (ten digits, Dxxxxxxxxx), and the PIN for your library account.
– The PIN for your library account. If you don’t know your PIN, please contact IPDPL at (309) 367-4594 or by email below.
To ask a librarian for help with your account, please click here or call (309) 367-4594.