Patrons with valid Illinois Prairie District Public Library library cards as well as many local libraries may borrow from our collection of materials. A valid card is one that is not expired and has a total of less than $5 in fines and fees pending. Patrons may check out items in person at the branch libraries or reserve them online to be picked up.
There is no limit to the number of items patrons may borrow (not including DVDs and videocassettes).
Books: 3 weeks
Periodicals: 1 week
Audio materials: 3 weeks
DVD’s /Videocassette tapes: 3 days, not renewable, limit 3
- Search for the item in the RSACat catalog. (You may log in to your account at any time during this process by clicking on the My Account link at the top of the RSACat website entering your library card number and PIN, and clicking on Log In. If you are unsure of your PIN, please contact the library.
- Click on the Place Hold button to the right of the item. The library will contact you when the item is ready to be picked up.
Most material can be renewed one time, if no one is waiting for the item (not including DVDs and videocassettes).
Renewals can be made either in-person, online, or over the phone by calling (309) 367-4594. To renew items by phone, please have you library card number ready.
- To renew items online: Select Renew Items Online under My Account on this site. The RSACat catalog window opens.
- Input your library card number.
- Input your PIN. If you are unsure of your PIN, please contact the library.
- Click on Log In. Your RSACat account window opens.
- Click on the Checkouts tab. Check the items you wish to renew.
- Click on Renew Selected Items.
If you have forgotten your password or don’t have one, call (309) 367-4594 or click here.