ILLINOIS PRAIRIE DISTRICT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 4:00 P.M.
1. Rush called the meeting to order at 4:06 PM. Present: Buhr, Pugh, Rush, Weddle, and Director Grant Fredricksen, Absent: Hicks, Maurer and Zoss.
2. Burr moved, and Weddle seconded the motion to approve minutes of the last regular meeting. Minutes were approved as written.
3. We had no public comments.
4. Action items:
A. We discussed new architectural plan including the new book drop. The grant request must be submitted April 15. Pugh moved and Weddle seconded a motion to use the 2/21/2013 design for grant applications. The motion passed and we agree detailed changes can be discussed later.
B. We tabled the beginning wage discussion.
C. Pugh moved and Weddle seconded a motion to forgive fines to the Spring Bay family who inadvertently accrued a large fine while under great distress.
D. The Staff Evaluation Project was tabled.
E. The real estate property at 214 E. Partridge Street in Metamora is once again available for purchase. Pugh moved and Rush seconded that we purchase the property for district headquarters for $62,900. Since Weddle represents the real estate seller, he abstained from voting. The vote passed unanimously among voting trustees.
5. We discussed Policy Review, particularly the lost DVD policy. The current DVD policy was written years after the book policy and the two are not consistent. We tabled further discussion until we have an updated Policy, showing changes enacted in previous meetings. These changes are hand written in our policy books and mentioned in meeting minutes, but we do not all have identical Policy books with the latest agreed upon revisions. Grant will undertake the task of revising policy books and getting them into an electronic form before our June, 2013, meeting. Grant will request staff input on DVD policy changes.
6. Burr moved and Pugh seconded approval of bills and requisitions which passed.
7. Meeting adjourned at 5:40 PM
The next regular meeting will be Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4 pm at the Roanoke Branch, 123 Broad Street, Roanoke, Illinois 61561.
Library Board home page
Return to your
Branch Library Home Page
Benson GermantownHills Metamora Roanoke SpringBay Washburn