Illinois Prairie District Public Library Board of Trustees
Regular Board Meeting
Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
Illinois Prairie District Public Library, Metamora Branch Library
1. Call to order. – The meeting was called to order at 4:04 p.m. Trustees present were Genna Buhr, Paul Kouri, Ken Maurer, Stan Rush, and Jack Weddle. Director Grant Fredericksen was also in attendance.
2. Minutes of the last regular meeting. – Maurer moved, and Kouri seconded that the minutes of the June 4, 2013, be accepted and recorded as presented. Motion passed.
3. Public comments. – There were no public comments.
a. Ordinance 13-1: Regular Meeting Dates – The ordinance states the dates and locations of Board meetings in the coming year. Buhr moved, and Weddle seconded to accept the ordinance. Motion passed.
b. Ordinance 13-2: Building Maintenance Tax – The ordinance announces that the District requests building maintenance tax funds at a .02% tax rate. Maurer moved, and Kouri seconded to accept the ordinance. Motion passed.
c. Ordinance 13-3: Banking Designation – The ordinance announces where the District banks. Maurer moved, and Kouri seconded to accept the ordinance. Motion passed.
d. Ordinance 13-4: Special Reserve Fund – The ordinance announces the existence of the special reserve fund. Buhr moved, and Maurer seconded to accept the ordinance. Motion passed.
e. Ordinance 13-5: Special Reserve Fund Plan – The ordinance describes the plan and intentions for special reserve funds. Maurer moved, and Buhr seconded to accept the ordinance. Motion passed.
5. Sealcoating of parking lots. – Director Fredericksen presented the need for sealcoating maintenance and repairs of parking lots at the Roanoke and Spring Bay branches (services regularly scheduled biennially). Perdue’s Sealcoat, which has performed the services in the past, submitted estimates. Maurer moved, and Kouri seconded to approve the maintenance and repairs. Motion passed.
6. District vision. – Kouri presented common steps necessary to create a master plan for services and facilities. He discussed statistics and comparisons of local and similar libraries. The master plan would collect information, opinions, and options from various community stakeholders and local leaders throughout the district. Maurer moved, and Weddle seconded to move forward with the master planning process. Motion passed.
Maurer left the meeting at 5:16 p.m.
7. Policy review. – Policy review was tabled.
8. Germantown Hills site. – Fredericksen provided introductory information about the potential financial consultants. Fredericksen noted that, in contacting the libraries listed as references by the consultants, he has not received any overwhelming negative feedback. Rush requested that Trustees review the information and to submit questions for the consultants to Fredericksen, who will forward them to the consultants and invite them to present at the next meeting. Kouri submitted questions to Fredericksen for the consultants. Fredericksen noted that the following consultants/firms would be invited to the August 6 meeting:
Robert W. Baird & Co.
Ehlers & Associates Inc.
First Midstate Inc.
9. Treasurer’s report- approval of bills and requisitions. – Kouri moved, and Weddle seconded that the bills and requisitions be approved and paid as presented. Motion passed.
Weddle left the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
10 Comments to guide future agendas. – Kouri
11. Adjournment. – The meeting adjourned at 6:30 p.m.
The next regular meeting will be Tuesday, August 6, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. at Benson Branch Library, 420 East Front Street, Benson, Illinois.
Genna M. Buhr
Library Board home page
Return to your Branch Library Home Page
Benson GermantownHills Metamora Roanoke SpringBay Washburn