ILLINOIS PRAIRIE DISTRICT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Metamora District Library, Metamora, IL
1. Call to order: The Tuesday, January 7, 2014 meeting of the Illinois Prairie District Public Library Board of Trustees was called to order at 4:00pm at the Metamora District Library in Metamora, IL. Board members present were: Hicks, Kouri, Maurer, Rush, Weddle, and Zoss. Buhr was absent. Director Fredericksen was present.
2. Minutes of the last regular meeting: Maurer moved to approve the December 2013 minutes; Weddle seconded and the motion passed.
3. Public comments: None.
4. District visioning process—Germantown Hills site—Financial aspects: Steve Larson was not present so the Board bypassed the Financial aspects. Kouri stated that instead of doing a survey, they would plan on 3 public meetings. The dates for those are not determined yet.
5. Contract with Direct Energy: With contracts expiring with D.E. at several Branches, research has revealed some better prices with Homefield Energy. Kouri moved that we do contracts for all the Branches with Homefield Energy, except Benson which is under ComEd. Weddle seconded the motion and it passed.
6. IMRF contribution: Tabled.
7. Databases on website: Since ancestry.com doesn’t update information for us without charge, we want to move our information/database to our own website. We need to price some companies who could transfer this information for us. The Board gave consent to go ahead with getting prices and also looking for available training technicians for future needs at IPDPL.
8. Backup personnel: There’s a need to find a backup person for Grant’s position, to be the decision-maker when he isn’t around. Hicks made a motion to approve seeking a qualified person in-house to fill this position, with a $1.50 increase in wages. Maurer seconded the motion and it passed.
9. Old antique store building: The furnace needs a new thermostat.
10. Benson Branch: With a request for different hours, the Board requested the librarian give us an idea of how the current hours could be reorganized to better reflect and meet the needs of the community, and stop doing Saturday hours.
11. Policy Review: Tabled.
12. Treasurer’s report—approval of bills and requisitions: There were no financial reports compiled due to the bookkeeper being snowbound. Weddle moved that we pay the bills and requisitions; Hicks seconded and the motion carried.
Comments to guide future agendas:
Statement of economic interest forms were filled out by each Board member.
Return to your
Branch Library Home Page
Benson GermantownHills Metamora Roanoke SpringBay Washburn