ILLINOIS PRAIRIE DISTRICT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 4:00 P.M.
Illinois Prairie District Public Library
Metamora Branch Library
208 E. Partridge Street
Metamora, Illinois 61548
1. Meeting was called to order at 4:05 PM. Present: Buhr, Kramer, Pugh, Rush, Weddle, and Director Grant Fredricksen, and guests Paul Kouri of PSA Dewberry. Nick Vlahos of the Journal Star, and Mr. and Mrs. Hopkinson of Germantown Hills. Absent: Ericsson and Zoss.
2. Minutes of the last regular meeting were approved. Minutes of the special meeting January 17, 2012, were approved as amended. “A library bank account has been established for building a library building at Roanoke” replaces the sentence “A bank account has been established by Martin for covering costs associated with building a new library at Roanoke.” We also corrected the January 17, 2012, minutes to read Buhr was absent, not present.
3. Public comments: Mr. Hopkinson invited Library Board members and the architectural firm of PS Dewberry to attend the Thursday night Germantown Hills Board meeting. Paul Kouri plans to attend the Germantown Hills meeting as do members Buhr and Pugh. The Germantown Hills meeting is at 6 PM February 9, 2012, and the Library Board special meeting for public input is at 7 PM February 9, 2012.
4. Action items:
A. Kramer moved and Pugh seconded a motion that we accept the Germantown Hills Contracts with Architect as amended. The motion passed and Stan Rush signed the $19,800 contract for planning and design of Germantown Hills library.
B. Construction Grants – Grant Fredrickson spoke with Mark Shaeffer who says we are allowed to make more than one grant application but we are then competing with ourselves. Frederickson explained the five priorities for the grant. We discussed the Roanoke and Germantown Hills library grants.
C. Pugh moved that we sign the Contract with Architect for the Roanoke Library building but the motion received no second and the motion died.
D. We discussed construction on Roanoke and Germantown Hills libraries.
E. Grant received a request that we sell the pictures (prints and perhaps two original art works) at Spring Bay. Buhr moved and Kramer seconded that Grant take the lead and sell the pictures at his discretion. The motion passed.
F. We discussed the Feb. 9 public meeting and hope for a good attendance from the Germantown Hills community.
G. We approved Grant pursuing Funds for Libraries and ILA membership.
5. Policy Review was tabled.
6. Kramer moved and Pugh seconded approval of bills and requisitions which passed.
7. Future agendas must include Roanoke Library. Concern was expressed at any Board Members not attending meetings.
8. Meeting adjourned at 5:40 PM
The next regular meeting will be Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 4 pm at the Metamora Branch Library, 208 E. Partridge Street, Metamora, IL 61548.
We will attend a February 9, 2012, 7 PM special public meeting in Germantown, at the Germantown Hills firehouse for public input. (The firehouse location was not available for a February 7, 2012, 7 PM meeting.)Library Board home page
Return to your
Branch Library Home Page
Benson GermantownHills Metamora Roanoke SpringBay Washburn