ILLINOIS PRAIRIE DISTRICT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Metamora District Library, Metamora, IL
1. Call to order: The Tuesday, December 3, 2013 meeting of the Illinois Prairie District Public Library Board of Trustees was called to order at 4:00pm at the Metamora District Library in Metamora, IL. Board members present were: Buhr, Kouri, Maurer, Rush, Weddle and Zoss. Hicks was absent. Director Fredericksen was present.
2. Minutes of the last regular meeting: No minutes were compiled for a November 2013 Board Meeting due to a loss of a quorum.
3. Public comments: None.
4. District visioning process/Germantown Hills site: Kouri presented the feedback that was received from the Steering Committee and Advisory Task Force meetings. Discussion ensued on the tension of how to resolve the factors of meeting the desires of our patrons, how to operate within an aspect of quality service, yet stretch the budget to meet the needs of 6 library buildings/entities and prepare for a new building. Fredericksen shared information Steve Larson had suggested on freeing up some funds for these needs. The Board’s action plan at this time is to set up information on the library website to get people informed and ask for feed-back from them. They will also have surveys available at the circulation desks, and plan to send letters to those who have served on the Steering and Advisory committees. Further plans will most likely include setting up some public meetings after the year-end holidays and activity are past.
5. Beginning wage salary scales for new employees: Fredericksen recommended moving Kim Scurlock’s wages up to the level of the rest of the staff. Weddle moved and Kouri seconded this motion and it passed.
6. Backup personnel: Tabled.
7. Public Library Association conference: Zoss moved that we send Fredericksen to the PLA conference; Weddle seconded and the motion passed.
8. Old antique store building: A new front is being put on the building; no more bricks.
9. Board secretary position: Zoss desired to step down from the Board secretary position due to unforeseen family obligations. Weddle moved that Buhr replace Zoss as the Board Secretary; Kouri seconded the motion and it passed.
10. Contract with Direct Energy: Tabled.
11. Policy review – add to website: Policy updates need to be made available to the public. Instead of printing many different copies, Buhr moved that Fredericksen keep one official copy of the policy, and then post the policy on the website, updating it as needed. Kouri seconded the motion and it passed.
12. Treasurer’s report: Buhr moved that we pay the bills and requisitions; Weddle seconded and the motion passed. Metamora Library needs a new server in the front, for the public. This expenditure will come out of the Maintenance Fund.
13. Adjournment: Kouri moved and Buhr seconded to adjourn the meeting at 5:50pm. Motion passed. The next regular meeting will be Tuesday, January 7, 2013 at 4pm at the Metamora Branch Library in Metamora, IL.
Submitted by out-going Board Secretary,