ILLINOIS PRAIRIE DISTRICT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013
Germantown Hills Branch Library, Germantown Hills, IL
1. Call to order: The Tuesday, September 3, 2013 meeting of the Illinois Prairie District Public Library Board of Trustees was called to order at 4:05pm at the Germantown Hills Branch Library in Germantown Hills, IL. Board members present were Buhr, Kouri, Hicks, Maurer, Rush, Weddle and Zoss. Director Fredericksen was also present. Members of the public present were: Melanie Meismer, Germantown Hills; Jennifer Goettler from Heinold-Banwart, Ltd.; and Steve Larson, Financial Planner.
2. Minutes of the last regular meeting and the special meeting: Fredericksen will have the special meeting minutes available at the Oct. meeting. The regular meeting minutes were approved thru a motion by Kouri, second by Hicks, and passed by the Board.
3. Public comments: Melanie Meismer attended the meeting out of interest and a desire to know how the Germantown Hills project is progressing; expressed a desire to be involved as publicizing and fund-raising begin, and to see more communication happening with the village on the status of the project. Kouri explained how the Board is going thru a visionary process evaluating the needs of the entire district right now; and that a lot of behind-the-scenes questions and ideas are being put together. The Board’s desire is that this visionary process be very complete and all-encompassing as we move into final preparations on the new Germantown Hills library.
4. Audit report: Jennifer Goettler was present to review the audit report with the Board. Steve Larson, our Financial Planner, asked if a supplement could be drawn up to include a breakdown of the different funds, revenues, expenses, and balances from the past year, which would be necessary for the financial planning with the G. H. project. Jennifer can give us a quote on what this revision would cost, in 3 to 4 weeks, and the Board can decide from that point.
5. Levy Ordinance 13-7: This Ordinance would levy the amount of $1,178,500 listed in Ordinance 13-6. Buhr moved that we adopt Levy Ordinace 13-7; Hicks seconded it and the motion passed.
6. Review Chapter 10 of Serving Our Public, state standards: The Board reviewed Chapter 10 Marketing Standard for Libraries.
District visioning process:
Board members received the handout Leading Lifetime Learners and a list
of qualitative goals from the first visionary meeting. Kouri and Buhr have been
and will be meeting in advisory task meetings with designated people and library
staff; for brainstorming and receiving input on our district vision. These are
non-public meetings. Upcoming Dreamer and Pragmatic Steering Committee meetings
will be held Oct. 28 and 29, and Nov. 18 and 19; 6:30pm-8:30pm each night,
meeting at the Metamora American Legion Hall in Metamora, IL.
Library Board home page
Return to your
Branch Library Home Page
Benson GermantownHills Metamora Roanoke SpringBay Washburn